Japan Motors is recruiting below for their vehicle assembly plant at Tema: HR, Training and Safety Officer
• Overall management of health and safety, operational risk control and fire management systems as required by the company
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Monitor continuous training of personnel
• To identify Human Resource issues within the organisation that require review and development to meet the necessary economic and social conditions of the business.
• To ensure that laid down Human Resource policies and administrative procedures are implemented and given uniform application throughout the organisation
• To advise and suggest where appropriate the development of Human Resource policies and new administrative procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness
• Establish objective performance appraisal systems that ensure that employees performance are monitored and appropriate feedback provided
• Carry out Health Safety and Fire (HSF) Surveys
• Ensure all detection & suppression systems are serviced.
• Identify Health Safety and Fire (HSF) risks which might affect Assembly plant Organise and manage himself/herself and his/her activities responsibly and effectively
• Collect, analyse, organise and critically evaluate information
• Maintain operating control parameters and control methods
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Business Administration (Human Resource Option) and related qualification in Health, safety and Fire Management Course)
• 5 – 8 yrs. experience in Risk Management, Health, Safety and Fire, plus experience in loss control and fire management, including fire systems design and installation (detection and suppression).
• In depth knowledge of Health Safety and Fire (HSF) strategies and measures
• Knowledge of risk assessment strategies and methods to minimise, mitigate or manage risks.
• In depth knowledge of local and international HSF legislation and standards
• Must be able to communicate at all levels.
• Be able to analyse problems / opportunities.
• Be able to formulate strategies / plans.
• Knowledge of Labour Act 2003(Act 651)
• Must have a participative leadership style which optimises individual and team input inter-group interactions.
• Must have a well-developed ability to develop credibility, trust and cooperation in interpersonal and/or
• Must have a well-developed ability to plan, implement and control business activities for optimal results.
• Must be an assertive, structured and proactive individual who is capable of taking initiative in decision-making situations
• Applicant should have a valid passport
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send application with comprehensive CV’s by email or post to either one of the following addresses:
P.O.Box AN 5216,
Closing Date: 04 February, 2021